Eligibility for B.Ed Admissions
Welcome to Cauvery BE.d College
Cauvery B.Ed College preparing Teachers to teach High Schools. The B.Ed programme both theory and practice.
- Eligibility for B.Ed Admissions
- Allocation of seats
- Duration of the Course
- Medium of Instruction
- A Citizen of India who has passed any Bachelor’s degree examination of Bangalore University or any University in India or abroad recognized as equivalent through 10+2+3/4/5 pattern of education who has obtained 50% of marks in aggregate of all the subjects he/she has studied for degree is eligible for admission to B.Ed programme.
- The candidate with less than 50% aggregate in the degree, but a Masters Degree with 50% is also eligible for B.Ed programme.
- In the case of SC/ST, Category – I and physically challenged student 45% marks in aggregate of all the subjects he/she has studied for degree course or 45% in post graduation.
- A Candidate for the admission to degree of education B.Ed must fulfill the eligibility criteria as per the directives of Govt. of Karnataka from time to time.
- Eligibility for opting French/German soft core (Pedagogy).
- College shall admit all the candidates alloted by the Government of Karnataka.
- For filling the other seats the respective colleges shall select the candidates following eligibility criteria as envisaged in Regulations.
- The College should get the selected candidates both under Government and Management quota within the last date fixed for admission by the Bangalore University.
- The total intake of all B.Ed Colleges shall be as fixed by NCTE/ Government of Karnataka from time to time.
- The duration of study for B.Ed CBCS Semester Programme shall extend over a period of two two years with four semesters for the total of 96 credits. The first semester shall be for 24 credits, second semester shall be for 24 credits, third semester shall be for 24 credits and the fourth semester shall be for 24 credits.
- The Practice in teaching programme shall be conducted in three phases. Phase I – Pre internship programme during the second semester for the duration of four weeks for 04 credits. Phase II- Internship programme during third semester for the duration of ten weeks for 14 credits. Phase III – Post Internship programme during fourth semester for the duration of four weeks for 08 credits.
- The Medium of Instruction is either English or Kannada. However , student can opt for English or Kannada for practice teaching. Student teachers are allowed to write theory examination either in English or kannada.
- A candidate shall be considered to have satisfied the requirement of attendance for a semester if he/she attends not less than 80% of the number of classes actually held till the end of the semester in each of the subjects & 90% for practical activities.
- A Student teacher must submit all assignments at end of each semester to qualify him /her to appear for respective semester examination.
- A student should compulsorily participate in all the activities of the semester and submit the reports at the end of each semester.
Internship is an integral component of teacher’s preparation in B.Ed programme. It helps the prospective teachers to acquire the professional skills required for teaching.
The internship programme runs in three phases :
Pre -Internship : It is a college based programme which takes place during the second semester for 4 weeks. During this phase the prospective teachers are exposed to various teaching skills to ensure an understanding of teaching process. The student teacher are also engaged in the practice of teaching skills and its integration in simulated condition.
School – Internship : It is a school based programme which takes place in the third semester. During this phase the student teachers are actually place in a specific school for duration of 10 weeks. They are exposed to the school environment and school culture b getting involved in various activities. During this phase prospective teachers are engaged in various curricular activities like teaching (20+20 lessons in each pedagogy subject), administration of achievement tests, remedial teaching, participation and organization of various activities , observation of records maintained in the schools etc. They experience , practice, clarify and reflect upon several aspects related to the teaching to internalize the role of a teacher.
Post- Internship : This is a final phase of Internship programme which takes place in the fourth semester for the duration of 6 weeks. The student teachers are involved in other added experience like community based activities, visits to special schools, review of textbooks, etc. It provides the opportunity to exhibit and analyze their work, done during internship programmes. Student teacher’s teaching aspects are finally assessed through practical examination and viva-voce.
The student teacher should select any one of the following for the internship programme in both the pedagogy subjects:
- 6th to 8th Std., & 9th to 10th.
- 11th to 12th( only for PG qualified students).